/*

24 November 2011

Things I am Thankful For

I realize that it is late in the day (5:49pm) as I start writing this. I've been burrowing through the last couple of weeks with some extra duties at work and have not had time for nor felt much like writing.

I am thankful to G-d who made this vast and wondrous creation...a universe that extends farther than either eye or telescope can see. I'm glad to be part of it and I hope to see those wonders and mysteries in person when I move beyond this life.

I am thankful that my parents and family and friends are still here. I did lose a cousin, Nicola on of all days, September 11th. She left two daughters, her parents, three brothers and the rest of us. A lot of folks have lost loved ones this year and I pray for your comfort and stand with you as you take moments to remember them at this time of year.

I am thankful that I am still working. Anything more about that is the subject of other blog posts.

People who know me personally have not come to expect me to talk much about what I'm going to say in the next paragraph or two. Personal expressions that are traditionally or socially expected are not really my thing. But for some reason today I felt like talking about the things I'm thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*/